Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gillian Welch Time Rock Music CD Review

Unfortunately, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Time. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.
Rock music fans will recognize some of the well known guests that have been assembled to play along with Welch on several of the tracks. Artists like David Rawlings and Matt Andrews just to name a couple.
Overall Time is an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up and is most definitely a worthy addition to any Rock collection. Truly an outstanding Rock CD. One of those that is completely void of any wasted time, as each track is simply superb.
While this entire album is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2 - My First Lover, track 6 - I Want So Sing That Rock And Roll, and track 10 - I Dream A Highway
My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Revelator. What a nice track!
Time Release Notes:
Gillian Welch originally released Time on July 31, 2001 on the Acony Records label.
CD Track List Follows:
1. Revelator
2. My First Lover
3. Dear Someone
4. Red Clay Halo
5. April The 14th Part 1
6. I Want So Sing That Rock And Roll
7. Elvis Presley Blues
8. Ruination Day Part 2
9. Everything Is Free
10. I Dream A Highway
Recorded at RCA Studio B and the Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment